View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 05:56 AM   #12
SteveI
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
How much is your membership? The memberships here run around $400 per year. The one I played at last night is $59 PER MONTH during the tennis season!! So, you pay $230+ for your membership, a $59 activation fee, and then something like $300 for the league.

So, I was wrong, $600 and up.

There is another place that has 1.5 hour league, 30 weeks, $900!! What a bargain!!

This is the part of the scam that I love....the fall league starts in September, and the spring league ends in May.

Who the hell needs to be playing indoors during September, October, the 2nd half of April, and May in New York? There are good lighted public courts where I live...3 or 4 places that you can usually find an open court. The indoor league should be ONE season from November to March or something.

Tennis: a rich persons game.
"Who the hell needs to be playing indoors during September, October, the 2nd half of April, and May in New York? There are good lighted public courts where I live...3 or 4 places that you can usually find an open court. The indoor league should be ONE season from November to March or something."

Hey man,

I live near Buffalo and we play all our USTA indoors.. even in June, July and August. The main reason I will not play USTA ever! I wait all winter to get back on the outside courts.. then play USTA indoors in July??? Maybe if I move to a warmer section in my older age.. I might consider it.. then there are the AHoles (Sandbaggers/Cheaters) to deal with

No way!

Steve

Last edited by SteveI : 12-09-2006 at 05:58 AM.
SteveI is offline   Reply With Quote