View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 09:51 AM   #18
marcl65
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFrame9109 View Post
Let's say your getting older... You're a strong player, but you keep going up against college players and the like, and injuries are happening more often. Would you risk your health, and play where you belong, or try to move down a ranking; perhaps playing slightly less equal players, but avoiding the impending risk of a tennis destroying injury?
I don’t think the OP is addressing those playing “slightly less equal players” but rather those intentionally playing at a level where they can easily win.

Example: I have a hard time playing with people at the 2.5 and lower level. Sure I can beat them but it’s not much fun. I know people that have had their ranking dropped (e.g. 4.0 to 3.5, 3.5 to 3.0) but still play at their original level because they enjoy the challenge.

And if you’re trying to prevent an injury, switch to doubles. I play with a bunch of people that refuse to play singles because it’s too hard on their body. They still get the challenge of playing at their level without putting the singles demands on their body.
marcl65 is offline   Reply With Quote