View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 04:44 AM   #10
cak
Professional

If you are really from Saratoga, CA, then you might get a kick out of this, I play tennis in Saratoga, but I know my pro lives near me in Los Altos Hills. There is another tennis pro that lives down the street from me. I think you can earn a decent living as a club tennis pro. You might not be making tons of money when you start out, but if you are a good teacher and a good people person you can build a following and bring in good money. If you are organized and can run a tennis program you can get a solid job. And, as my tennis coach points out, you get to choose some of the best places in the world to work. He's worked in the Carribean and Hawaii for many years. He moved to California to be near family. As others have pointed out, it's a physical job and can be hard on the body. In addition, skin cancer is always lurking out there. If you only have outdoor courts to work with, you are at the mercy of the weather, so rainy years are tough. But if it's something you love, the club pros I know really enjoy their work.

Last edited by cak : 02-25-2007 at 04:48 AM.
cak is offline   Reply With Quote