View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 08:30 AM   #2
flash9
Semi-Pro

Arrow Do what you Like and Enjoy most!

iplaybetter Ė Basically if you have to choose, play what you like best.
I do not know how old you are and what level you are talking about. But twenty five years ago when I was in High School in Texas, I also was a better doubles player then singles. My high school coach picked the team based on a singles ladder system. We played four courts of singles and three courts of doubles, so he needed six players for each match. As a sophomore I was only strong enough at singles to be 7 or 8 on the team. It so happened that the guy I was constantly swapping back and forth with for the 7 or 8 spot was my doubles partner from the summer before our sophomore season and we had traveled around Texas playing in the 16ís in about a dozen small town weekend tournaments. The coach would have us play doubles in practice against the other three doubles teams and we would regularly beat both the number three and number two doubles, and push the number one doubles team, but still the coach would not play us. Both my doubles partner and I made the team as Juniorís, but the coach wanted to split us up. Basically, by my Senior year I had had enough of the coach and stopped playing.
I started to play again about ten years ago and still enjoy doubles way more then singles.