View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 02:47 PM   #1
drakulie
Talk Tennis Guru

Default Tennis Warehouse- South Florida Chapter (lots of photos)

Hi everyone! As promised, here are the photos of the much anticipated meet of 5 TW members all residing in South Florida.

oscar 2424, javiererrgio, dr punk, no skills, and myself.

We all met up Sunday (4/22/07) at 10 AM at the Old Spanish Monastery in North Miami Beach. There are arond 12 clay courts, and 7 hard courts.

Unfortunately, on Sundays they have round robin tournaments, so all the courts were taken as of 11:30 AM. The five of us were able to hit for about an hour, which included playing a few tie break in a doubles format (four would play, while one sat out), but we were unable to play singles against one another. However, everyone hads lots of fun.

After playing the tiebreaks, being that the day was so beautiful and we were all still in the mood to keep playing >>> we all decided to play in the round robin tourney. The format for the round robin consisted of playing a total 5 games against every player in your group. The player with the best overall cummulative score wins the tourney. Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to play any of the guys from TW in the round robin because they played in the intermediate group, and I played in the beginner group.

Of course, during the tourney we kept running into each other and rooted each other on.

Special congrats to javiersergio! He did all the guys at TW proud by coming in second place, and came within one game of obtaining first place.

All-in-all, it was a great day of tennis for everyone, and we all had a great time getting the opportunity to meet one another.

Over the course of the next few days I wil be posting photos. So I will begin this thread by posting pics to show you snowbirds what the weather is like here in beautiful South Florida.