The Toronto Lawn Tennis Club is one of the oldest and most respected clubs of its kind in Canada and occupies a prominent position in the history and evolution of the game in this country. In 1881 the Club was the site of Canada's first official International Tennis Championship, won by Isidore Hellmuth, one of the Club's earliest and keenest members. This was the beginning of an association with high-calibre lawn tennis, which continues today.
In 1960, the TLTC expanded its facilities to include squash and to become a year-round racquet club. Recently, the club underwent a major development. Today, it includes a new pro shop, four indoor clay tennis courts (bringing the total number of courts to 1
, a doubles squash court, new fitness facilities, massage room, wellness services and underground parking. There is also an area in the club dedicated to a children’s daycare and junior lounge. These new facilities enhance the already existing tennis courts, three international squash courts, outdoor pool, fine indoor and outdoor dining, licensed bar, café and banquet facilities.