View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 04:46 PM   #15
drakulie
Talk Tennis Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappano View Post
Great list. One question...Agassi over Borg?
I'll explain. Similar to what I stated about Fed, even though Agassi doesn't have as many slams as Borg, I think he was the better player.

Honestly, the list gets rough for me between 2-5. For example, I will say I'm far more more impressed with McEnroes accoomplishments in TENNIS as a whole, than I am with Pete's 14 singles slams. If Pete would of played both singles and doubles would he have as many doubles slams as Mc? Would it have had an impact on his singles totals? That goes for all those guys (Agassi, Borg, Lendl, etc).

On the other hand, I think one of, if not the most impressive achievements is Borg's French and Wimbledon success. I think that feat has proven to be far harder to obtain than total # of slams. Quite frankly, I don't see that feat ever being duplicated (even with the slower grass). I do see the total # of slams being surpassed.

As too many arguments could be made, my list finally came down to taking numbers out of the equation and going by who I thought was the better singles player in their prime.