View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 09:38 AM   #4
ps60
Professional

i've got my time of this old friend. i mis treated it. using a rubbish string all the time (Prince topspin, if u want to curse me, do it in the string section ;D ) and i found it very stiff and uncomfortable. But it can't be. because i've demoed someone's one b4 i bought mine with enthusiasm. One day, i found a new stringer, and a new string brand called Gamma... and i spotted a cheaper string called TNT... string it at 60lb. Oh, that's the SENSATION of tennis. every hit is like an Estasy. (it is not dirty talk here) But then it died in about 9 months. Strung it with other stringers also with TNT 16 or TNT2... don't have the same Sensation back... and one strung it too tight, making some crack on both 3 and 9... That's my pal's story.

After that, I've used Ti-Radical (gave me TE), 5G (let me play with TE), Prince Rebel (Stiff rod but high SW to protect sth.), Diablo (SHxx), and Volkl now...
No one ever give me the comfort Approach 90 gave me. i even bought another called Air Approach, much lighter, wrong balance, etc. Although the material is closer (softer, more comfortable) to old-school rackets than other current Prince models.

One thing i wanna say, it's not a very good for the game (esp at the net) but it 's so comfortable at impact that i really miss it.

BTW, if u string it at 58~60lb (on e-stringers) with a soft string, its SS shouldn't be very small.