View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 04:23 AM   #26
THUNDERVOLLEY
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM28143 View Post
It is a simple, offensive, but accurate fact: Men are better at sports than women. My sister has been playing tennis for 6 years. She has taken lessons, she has played in tournaments and trains all summer. On the contrary, I've been playing for about a year with no formal training. Yesterday I bet her 200 bucks she could not beat me in a one set match. She accept the challenge and guess what? I whooped her 6-2. She hits a nice ball however, I'm fast enough to chase down everything. She has no weapon to beat me. I do not think she even hit one winner throughout the match. My sister, as should all women, learned the simple fact that she is inferior in regards to sports.
...Not insulting your sis at all, but have you ever considered the reason she could not win may be due to a lack of that intangible thing percieved as superior talent? Training and on-court experience alone does not walk hand-in-hand with success, unless one is lucky (read: Sharapova, Roddick). Think about it: if Venus, Serena, Federer or the rubber-room-case Henin lacked talent, all of the training in the world would not have produced their history, Similarly, certain top 20 males (minus the luck factor) seem to have training/experience but fail to earn the slams. Superior talent may be the difference, and a reason your sister could not beat you.
THUNDERVOLLEY is online now   Reply With Quote