View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 01:51 PM   #22
Ace
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierLW View Post
Sorry but this doesnt make a whole lot of sense. Are you claiming that every player you played at your own level was rated too high since you won all of your matches?
I am claiming that I am a 3.5 player.
I just got bumped up from 3.0 at the end of last year, so believe me, I am no sandbagger. I started from scratch, as a 2.5, and stayed there for a year because I sucked so bad.
Because I did well playing up at 3.5 last year, I am playing 3.5 and 4.0 this year.
When I play a "rated" 4.0, I lose.
I've only played two 4.0s. One killed me, one was at least competitive.
The 3.5's I have played in this 4.0 league are losing their 3.5 matches pretty badly. I don't think they should be playing up.
I feel, that since I am doing well at 3.5, it is ok for me to play up.
But the 3.5's that are getting killed by other 3.5's do not belong playing 4.0. I'm talking about people that lose most of their 3.5 matches 6-1, 6-2....WHY would they need to play 4.0?

I'm not complaining about people playing "at level", I am complaining about people playing "up" that aren't doing well against ANYBODY at their level (not just against me). Those people should not be playing up.
I actually have had a little more competition against the 3.5's playing 3.5 than against the 3.5's playing 4.0.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote