View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 02:33 PM   #32
nickb
Banned

Send a message via MSN to nickb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sruckauf View Post
Excellent! I pretty much feel the same way - my volleys and serve are 'okay' and was wondering if some added heft would help. I'm very glad to hear of your results. I'm definitely going to try your lead setup as a starting point. I once added some lead to the 9 and 3 o'clock positions, and didn't really love it.. so I'll try what you've done. Great stuff - thanks for sharing.

Regarding my string choice these days.. I tried a number of polys, and have come to the conclusion that it's not for me. I came close with SPPP and another softer copoly, but my arm just couldn't handle it with the frequency I play. I really like the feel and performance of a decent multi main and Gosen OG Micro cross. So right now I have going:

Main: Prince Premier Softflex 16 @ 65
Cross: Gosen OG Micro 17 @ 65

It doesn't last long.. but since I string my own it ends up not being that expensive. Looking forward to trying the lead setup.
Thanks again!
I like poly but I have also had some pain in the last few weeks. I only really use it becuase I break so many strings and a hybrid lasts longer for me. I have just got 3 reels of Micro 16 and will be trying a full setup and a gut hybrid....the stuff is so cheap I could restring full micro everyday anyway. Let me know how you like the lead....btw I used Unique lead tape 1/4 inch....http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage-PSLT.html.

Nick
nickb is offline   Reply With Quote