View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 09:52 AM   #14
Andres
G.O.A.T.

Send a message via AIM to Andres Send a message via MSN to Andres

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananda View Post
if i may be forgiven for asking a useful question: andres, your generous sig talks of a training racquet. Could you elaborate ?
Once while reading reviews outside this forum, i read of a guy who had a K90 and a K95 and said he used one for training and one for tournaments.

Is there some standard practice of using a heavy rack for training, and a lighter one for comp. I understand that racks have different feels, and balances etc. So why the training rack ?
The training racquet is a wooden racquet. I use for specific reasons, only. I have my normal training sessions with my regular racquets, but I use the woody for some volleying drills, and specially, sweetspot drills. And getting used to an almost 19 oz racquets helps you improving your swingspeed when you go back to the normal frame.

Once you mastered hitting the sweetspot with a 68 sq. inches racquet, moving to a 95 sq. inches one is a piece of cake.

The woodie doesn't provide me enough pop, nor control, nor spin to use it in real tournaments. It's more like a DRILL and SKILLS help. Nothing more, nothing less.