View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 10:58 AM   #58
Pro_Tour_630
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandayu View Post
good point, I also felt my classid mid was different than the Austrian PC600. Classic mid no collar, different pallet (thinner material), and different buttcap, and different leather thickness and quality

I want try Pt630 with cap plus leather grip plus plastic collar, before adding lead tape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxZ28 View Post
Sorry -- on a digression here ... would the absence of a collar explain why the Classic Mid is less HL and feels less muted than the PC600?
I like the classic without a collar as well, TW first reintroduction , let me know if someone is interested it is 1/2 and 9/10 condition. no marks on frame few bumper rash leather grip in good condition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorschack View Post
Just thought some of you might be interested in my finding.

Last night, I hit with the PT630 strung with Gosen Polyon SP 17 (50lb) / Gosen OG Micro 17 (50lb) and the feel was just nasty with vibration all over. I got that solid feel but it was not soft or buttery. However, there were more noticeable ball bite than non-poly setup.

Next, I'll put a soft multi on the main and polyon sp on the cross just to see if it feels a notch better. If not, forget about poly on this racquet.
I forgot about PLOY on this frame many many years ago, polylon is suppose to be a soft poly but it did not play well in my PT630. Try x-1 biphase 18g with gosen OG 18g cross
Pro_Tour_630 is offline   Reply With Quote