View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 06:02 PM   #28
mpenders
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis10is View Post
MP,

I was about to reply to the OP but your answer is much superior to what mine would have been. I string my own tennis racket but I would never bother to have my racquetball racket restrung. Life is too short.
I would assume that most casual rball players don't get their racquets restrung either. Why would you when you can buy another one brand new from wallyworld, SA or Big5 for almost the same price as a string job?

I can understand that. My kids have a cheapo badminton set they use out on the front lawn. It can be amusing, but not competitive in any way (IMO, anyway). Could I restring the badminton racquets (rackets?) if I wanted to? Probably - my machine is more than capable. Would I even consider it? Not a chance in hell. In my opinion, they are disposable and will be replaced long before I would even try to find where to get string for them.

I play rball competitively - so do many of the players I string for. I can assure you that my racquets can not be found at wally's, and are far from disposable. When you've made a significant investment in your equipment, you expect it to peform at it's highest level. Fresh strings make a HUGE difference. Remember, rball is all about power. Old, lifeless strings don't provide it.

All rball racquets are sold prestrung, unlike most tennis frames. There's no telling how long the strings have been in the frame, losing elasticity. Serious players are likely to cut them out before ever hitting with them, and have it restrung with their preferred string & tensions.

If you're ready to upgrade, I can steer you in the direction of a relatively inexpensive, high-end rball racquet that has a standard, non-fan pattern. It's as easy to string as any tennis frame you've done, and might make the game a bit more enjoyable for you.
mpenders is offline   Reply With Quote