View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 01:37 PM   #41
bronco_mba
Rookie

Another update: My partner showed up late to our hitting session last night. While waiting, I decided to hit a few serves. I started out tentative, timing was off a little, and I was expecting pain/discomfort in the shoulder. After hitting five or ten serves, I thought to myself that things felt pretty good. So I gradually ramped up the pace. I ended up hitting about 30 serves before my partner showed.

All I can say is, "wow!" The flat serves were jumping off the strings, kickers were jumping and slices were spinning out wide. Best of all, NO PAIN! I kept waiting for it, but it never showed. I was expecting to want to cut my arm off when I woke up this morning, but it felt good.

My recovery has gone better and faster than expected. The more I get back out on court, the more convinced I am that my pre-op shoulder was holding back from progressing; almost like the shoulder pain was preventing me from going for my serves and shots.

I've got a ways to go before the shoulder is completely healed, but I'm already starting to enjoy the advantages of playing pain free.