View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 09:21 AM   #46
Loco4Tennis
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name View Post
Chris_in_japan-It would be great if you could make a section that i could add on adding the lettering and details, including masking off areas and adding lettering and logos. You know more about that than anyone on TT. If you could just go a little in depth on that sort of stuff, that would be great.

diredesire- Whatever you think most appropriate. How does merging it with racquet FAQ work? I just want something like this to be easy to find, since it is becoming a more popular topic of interest. Also, when something is stickied, it can still be discussed right? Thanks for the help and getting it stickied.

Aeropro master- It took me about a month because i was working little by little and waiting for different supplies to be shipped... grommets, strings, etc. Total work including dry time would most likely come out to two weeks, but i could have been more careful.

Warning to everyone, this is a big project and does take a lot of time.
I would recommend doing it on an old back up frame to get an idea of it. Then go after your frame if your confident.

once again, enjoy it.
good post and good advise, i also mentioned trying on a practise frame first

one thing about the lettering i found out on my lattest frame its that you can buy stickers at the store with different size letters and all,
one of the parts i messed up on and will not do again is paint arround the letter like a stencil, i would intead suggest painting the sticker letters the color you want and then sticking them on the racquet for good, otherwise when not stuck on right it will bleed under the letter and it looks bad when you pull them off
also the sticker on the letters does not come off easy, so it can leave residue on the racquet as well, or pulls the paint underneath off

on my next racquet i plan to stick the painted letters at almost the end,
thats about when i apply the 2 layers of clear cote to seal in the paint job
1HandF&B; 2x Head LM FP MP; KlipperMateStringMachine; RubberBandClubMember#76

Last edited by Loco4Tennis : 03-09-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Loco4Tennis is offline   Reply With Quote