View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 10:29 AM   #54
TTECHH
New User

[quote=Spittle;2164280]It seems that the muscles in the front of my arm (pecs, front of right shoulder, above shoulder) are overdeveloped in comparison with the girly muscles around my shoulder blade. This problem is causing my entire scapula (the shoulder blade and the boney 'roof' above your shoulder - will call the roof 'upper scapula' from now on) to pivot forward since the rear muscles aren't able to compensate properly for the pull that the front ones have on it. This pivoting is forcing the forward edge of the upper scapula to dip closer to the humerus (upper arm bone) and squeezing the tendons that slide inbetween the two.

So, I am doing various exercises to strengthen the muscles that surround my right shoulder blade at the moment. I've only been doing it for a few days now, but I *think* I can already sense a difference as to where my shoulder rests. I'll be doing 2 weeks of this type of exercise and then progressing to more weight, I assume. I'm told it will still be several weeks before my symptoms start to disappear.

QUOTE]

Spittle, can you describe the type of excercises you are doing...I think I might have a similar problem.

Thanks,
Brian
TTECHH is offline   Reply With Quote