View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 11:34 AM   #26
madmanfool
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandy View Post
Honestly, I don't think my forehand backswing is "very little" (not sure about the backhand, but it doesn't look "very" little to me). If you look again at the pictures of Safin's and myself (by the way, I think those pictures put together are the pinnacle of my tennis "career", I'm so flattered - thanks a lot for doing it! ), you'll see that our shoulders are orthogonal to the base line. The difference is that he is using a semi-closed stance on that shot; I used closed stance.
Ok, sorry all i used the Safin picture in trying to help me explain what i'm trying to say. The angle is different and so is the stance, guess i should have thought of that then.
All i'm trying to say is this:

If i were you i would do more like in the right picture. Now, it's a minor detail and sure isn't fundamental. Some people probably wont agree. But it's your tennis and you do with it what you want. I'm just trying to help you. That's all.