Thread: Sprained Ankle
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 12:28 AM   #10
Rickson
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herosol View Post
i see. okay ill stop it then. I visited my school like medic guy/anatomy teacher and he helped bind up my ankle areas until my ankle brace comes in so its really helping out, and even lent me a walking boot? lol. it helps alot.

today wasn't that bad after resting, but still feel it.
He told me to ice around 20 minutes a session, does icing in water do the same?
Im having a hard time laying the ice pack on without it slipping XD
You'd be surprised at how quickly you can recover from an injury by applying ice. Your ankle swells up from an inury so it's important to bring that swelling down. You can wait for it to happen on its own which it will eventually, but ice can do it for you so much sooner. The sooner the swelling goes down, the sooner you recover. Don't believe me? When I was a teen and I sprained my ankle playing basketball, I hobbled home and just rested it. It took over a week to recover from that injury. I sprained my ankle again when I was way past my teen years and I had gained a lot of knowledge from my personal training days so this time I iced the ankle down almost immediately. I was walking without a limp in a day and a half and I made a full recovery by the 3rd day. Ice will help you recover much quicker than not icing at all. Trust me on this.
Rickson is offline   Reply With Quote