View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 06:47 PM   #21
TennisDawg
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindysphinx View Post
What's amusing is that they talk about people playing tennis 21 times a year. So, less than twice a month? By that definition, even my husband qualifies as a tennis player!

Honestly, I don't know if it would be any fun to play twice a month. It would be so frustrating not to be able to hit the ball well because of all of the layers of rust.
Twice a month is quite a bit if you also play in a league once a week and enter a tournament every month or so. Throw in a clinic twice a month and your playing at least 8 to 9 times a month, at least. That should be plenty!

Golfers seem to have more fun golfing. I play golf about a dozen times a year and it is much more relaxing and much easier to find golf partners. In golf you can just show up and join in with a group of golfers. Try doing that in tennis or better yet try setting up a match with a new tennis partner-good luck. I love tennis, but it is more of an elitist sport than golf, which is surprising!! If you walk the golf course, it's not bad exercise, either.