View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #51
jamauss
Hall Of Fame

Send a message via AIM to jamauss Send a message via MSN to jamauss Send a message via Yahoo to jamauss

Quote:
Originally Posted by simi View Post
Just wait until you are about twenty-thirty years older. Then, you'll understand.

When I was 19, I was 6'3" tall, as I am now. But only weighed 165 pounds. And like you, nothing I could do made a difference. That all changes around your late-30s or early-40s. You'll have a full-time employment. You'll get married and have a family and most likely young children. All kinds of things will start taking up your time, other than hitting the courts or the gym. You'll see... Enjoy your youth while you still have it.
Exactly.

I don't think there are many 19 years olds out there saying that losing weight is hard. Like you, at 19 I had a real high metabolism, I didn't ever think about what I ate, consumed tons of calories because I burned them all off with all kinds of activities. Then came a full-time job where I sat in a chair about 8 hours a day, then marriage, then kids...etc...pretty soon I was going an entire week without any real physical activity at all and all of a sudden...POOF...there goes some extra weight I'm carrying. Happens to a lot of people. It's much easier to gain weight than it is to lose it. I think most everyone would agree with that.