View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 07:43 AM   #29
Rickson
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malakas View Post
wow thank you!That's very good advice,and something I can easily do and at home!!Without having the stares and ridicule too thanx!
Stares and ridicule? Why care what they think? I was working in the gym when I had a serious back injury. I took several days off and when I came back to rehab my back, I was doing squats with 95 lbs.. I normally squatted 315 at the time, but I knew I had to rehab slowly. One guy even asked me why I was going so light and I told him I was injured. He gave me his condolences and continued his workout. The only reason he asked me was because he knew how I trained in the past, but otherwise, he wouldn't have looked twice. If a big guy like me can resort to using children's weights, you don't need to be embarrassed about a thing. Trust me, people are doing their own thing in the gym and if they're not, they need to get a life. Even as a trainer, I never corrected anyone outside of my clients unless they specifically asked me for advice. It's not my business and correcting people's forms is not a good way to land new clients.
Rickson is offline   Reply With Quote