View Single Post
Old 04-22-2004, 10:46 AM   #2
tarheelbornjohn
Semi-Pro

Sorry just saw this post. I am enjoying it more and more. At first the ground strokes and volleys were just fantastic. However, it had trouble for the first few weeks with my serve. I have been recovering from hip surgery (torn cartledge) which turned out to be most of the problem. Once I was able to return to my old foot placement on the serve and stopped being scared to really hit the ball and follow through it has come back. Played in an NTRP tourn last weekend and in the finials of the mixed doubles had a near perfect match. I only missed one shot the entire match. A reaction volley off an overhead and even that almost made it over the tape. If I could get into a grove like that for a month or two the computer will be bumping me up and mess up my USTA status. Well, I have to say I am very happy with it and only getting better. It usually takes me a month to know if a racquet is right and after this month, I think this is the one for a while. Still working with the lead some to fine tune.
tarheelbornjohn is offline   Reply With Quote