View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 01:27 PM   #233
Azzurri
Legend

I believe with a bit of investigation from the authorities, there are tracks that leads back to Charles. First of all, I'm sure the phone number he listed wasn't a prepaid phone and was registered to him or his family. Secondly, the OP would have records to the emails and other exchanges that had with Charles. That shows that there was a deal and that a transaction was taking place and the terms of the deal.

Secondly, the goods to be exchange from the OP were K Tours with L4 grips, it so happens according to Charles own post, he was looking for some K tours, two weeks or so after, Charles post that he has K-Tours for sale and the exact same grip. It is not hard to connect the dots that rackets Charles is trying to dump are of the OPs - not to mention he posted them on E****. E**** would definitely have name the sellers registered.

As for the address, there is no doubt in my mind that the address Charles posted was of his actual address. He did not use that address to scam the OP, he has posted that address for MANY of his ads, ones here and ones various other forums along with other hints he has posted in various sites, e.g., "Tennis courts across my house".

The OP knows Charles involvement, his phone number, his address, what he looks like, emails and other forms of communication, all is left is for the OP to go out there and go after Charles. Contact the SJPD until someone will help, list whatever help you can to place pressure on Charles. Don't let him off the hook!

Also, if you both ends up on Court TV, I hope you two go in front of Judge Judy. I'm sure it'll be fun to watch Charles lie in front of someone so intimidating (at least to me)[/quote]

While everything you said is logical, it really does not matter whole lot (maybe in People's court, but not a real judge). You see, TM has no proof any communication was with Charles Ngyeun. Unless Charles admits to any excahnge with TM, it would be hard for a judge to side with the TM. I also doubt the SJPD would do anything because of "circumstantial" evidence and that is what everything can be argued as. This example should be a warning to all that have read and posted on this thread. Trading with someone from another country is just asking to be ripped off, there is NO protection. Trust is the only thing we all have and when one person decides to take advantage of trust, you have this issue.

The bottom line is proof. All evidence in this case is circumstantial. There is no signature receipt of the racquet, the home has another person as the owner, TM cannot prove the racquet's where his. Unless he has some type of documentation of serial #'s and what not, he has no leg to stand on in any court (talking about local courts and not prosecuting him, that would take police involvement and there is little proof it was actually Charles). There was a crime committed, yes but no proof it was CN.