View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 12:08 AM   #53
drakulie
Talk Tennis Guru

Default 6 month Follow-up

Yup, it has been 6 months since I did my initial review of these shoes, and after all this time, I could say with confidence these shoes are as good now as they were when I first put them on.

As expected, they are definitely worn in, so are much more comfortable than day 1. For the past two plus months I have been playing 4-5 times a week, about 2-3 hours at a pop. This includes playing with ex-college players, 5.5's, a recent National Grass Court Champion, and other levels.

The shoes have not broken, had tears, or seems falling apart. The soles are now beginning to show wear, but I could say they will probably last me another 3 months. please keep in mind, I have been playing almost exclusivley the last few months on clay, so that will make a big difference in wear. The support is still there, as is the comfort.

The only complaint I have about the shoe at this point is the retention of smell. VERY FOUL. LOL. It got so bad I had to start keeping them outside, and even though I washed them, the smell just won't go away.

Wilson definitely hit a home run with these shoes. Thanks to TW for choosing me to do a review.