View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 02:40 PM   #7
Feņa14
Legend

Feņa14 .... Chelsea (Premier League)

I'm very happy! We've not had a settled right back for years but Bosingwa has every chance. Deco is just what we need to add a bit of finesse, we've still got the power, pace and efficiency that makes us brilliant.. but now we have a bit of flair to break teams down too.

Anelka is also on fire, scoring 4 in a 5-0 win against Milan says alot. Di Santo also looks like he can be a world class striker in the next few years, the midfield is the strongest anywhere in Europe (I think even Man Utd fans have to admit to that) and we still have a fantastic defence with Ivanovic (the new Vidic apparently) able to play anywhere so i'm happy.

As for your Tottenham, I know what you mean. You seem to be after the same kind of players! Modric, Dos Santos, Arshavin etc.. They're all attacking midfielders/second strikers. I also don't think you've solved the problems you had with the defence, last year you had no problem scoring goals.. but you kept letting them in! Losing Keane (and possibly Berbatov) will drastically reduce the goals and the defence is still very weak when King isn't there (which is pretty much all the time these days)

Who are people backing to get the 5th spot/possibly break into the top 4?

I'm thinking Aston Villa.. they've really sured up the defence and with Agbonlahor, Young, Carew etc.. grabbing the goals, Reo-Coker and Sidwell in midfield.. they probably have the best first XI of the rest but i'm still not confident they have a deep enough squad to cope for a whole season.
Feņa14 is online now   Reply With Quote