Thread: Bench Press
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 07:58 PM   #13
Trasher
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo View Post
dips kill your shoulders, dont do them
Ha maybe they kill you, I've never had problems with them, and I do them deep, always. These are not for everybody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickson View Post
Deep dips are tough on the shoulders for beginners, but trust me, I'm no beginner. I'm extremely strong in the pressing department and although, deep dips (dips beyond parallel) are not recommended for beginners, I'm pretty sure a guy like me is safe. Remember, I was able to bench 3 plates on each side and I could dip with 3/45 lb. plates in between my legs so your advice doesn't apply to men of my strength.
Hey I've been wanting to know for a long time now, if deep dips are bad for your shoulders or whatever, because I have always done them deep. I'm 19, but for like 2-3 years I have been doing them and not doing them, I always did them deep, and I never felt problems anywhere whatsoever, but then I've read in many places that it's bad to do them deep, and since I have never felt anything, I wonder if they ment in the long run or something?

Oh but I always do them without weights, don't like weights.

Same thing for deep bench dips, have you ever done them? I also read that those are bad too, but again I do them deep and it feels good. What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFreddy View Post
List how much you can bench.
Well, the most I ever benched was 97 lbs. I think, LOL! But I didn't get into that exercise
Trasher is offline   Reply With Quote