View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 06:09 PM   #13974
auzzieizm
Semi-Pro

It is now ~9pm. I am exhausted. From 12:30 until 8:30 p.m. tonight, I was either in transit to play tennis, playing tennis, or taking a 45 min dinner break.
FLDIAAJ and I played our 5 set marathon. Took almost exactly 3 hours of playing time. I was able to pull out the win in the marathon: 6-2, 6-0, 6-1, 6-0, 6-2. Then we hit some more post match to try to break his strings.

Fatlazy, thanks for the marathon today! and the transport to and from the metro. I would love to make this a weekly thing.

Then I took the metro to Ballston, had some dinner, before heading over to the Quincy Park courts.

My former teammate just switched frames to the KBlade Tours, so he wanted to play. I was, needless to say, already tired from the marathon with FatLazy. So (genius me), decides to suggest playing a set, because I didn't have the energy or motivation or clarity of thought to just hit around. So we played a couple sets, found myself down a break twice in the first set. Got lucky and came back to win with a drop shot suprise return of serve at 30 all up 5-4. Just barely won that set, and then started getting a 2nd (or 3rd or 10th) wind. All of a sudden in the second set, I was back to *close to* full speed: running everything down and spanking winners out of nowhere. Tagged that set 6-1.

Then after we were done, decided I was too physically and mentally exhausted to wait around on the metro, so I walked the 2.5 miles back to my condo. Not sure in hindsight why that occurred to me. Anyway, Lacoste shoes held up fairly well. Am definitely going to feel my feet tomorrow (Lacostes don't have as much cushioning as my Asics), but I'd say for almost 9 hours on my feet, it wasn't the cushioning in the shoes that was causing the problem. Other than that, my only other gripes with the kicks is the long toebox, and outsole pattern- doesn't grip the court quite like my Asics.

Anyway- 9:10- SLEEP