View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 03:33 PM   #10075
CanadianChic
Hall Of Fame

Stumbles blindly into Bistro and calls out to Bette, to Topaz, to Fee. I need help getting my jacket off guys...I think it's actually frozen to my body. *knocks icicles off nose* Sorry to hear about the car. I am almost out of Diet Coke but there is no way I'm venturing out in the cold to get some. I wonder if any of my neighbors have an extra bottle? *ponders dilemma*

"The sun brought a little warmth to Winnipeg, making it feel like –40 C with the wind chill by mid-afternoon, an improvement on the –50 C the wind chill made it feel like when residents woke up. Regina warmed only a few degrees above the –45 C it felt like with the wind chill at the start of the day."

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/...d-weather.html

Skin froze today in under five minutes of exposure and the radio announced we were the coldest area (Manitoba / Saskatchewan) of the world for a few hours this morning. It is supposed to be even colder tomorrow with the wind chill hitting -52 degrees. Needless to say, I took the morning off tomorrow and will be heading to my warm bed soon with a cup of hot chocolate. I am soooo thrilled that my landlords replaced the windows this year as they promised (not) to eliminate the gale force draft I have coming through. Hmm....do I smell biscuits?

Last edited by CanadianChic : 01-14-2009 at 03:36 PM.
CanadianChic is offline   Reply With Quote