View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 09:41 AM   #18
Super Moderator
diredesire's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,694
Send a message via AIM to diredesire

Originally Posted by Asclade View Post
Hey everybody, this is my first post on TW and it's nice to get to know everybody on the forum. I was wondering if anyone could help me out, I use an electric stringing machine and sometimes when I string, I don't have enough to reach the tensioner and I have to leave a string or two untensioned to complete the racquet. There was a tool I was introduced to, it was some sort of clamp that has another piece of string attached to it, so that even if you didn't have enough, that other piece of string could reach the tensioner and tension your string. Does anyone know what this kind of clamp is called and where to get it? Also I have trouble tensioning the last string on the crosses, any suggestions? Thanks for your time guys!

It's called a starting clamp, alternatively, you could use a splicing knot to attach a scrap piece of string.
4x Dunlop Bio 200 L // Babolat Sensor
Report posts, it helps everyone out!

Mod Qs/Concerns/etc? E-mail me! (please make return/profile e-mail is valid!)
diredesire is offline   Reply With Quote