View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #1050
ESP#1
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
I played the PT 280 with full Lux M2 (55 m and 52 c). The bottomline is the racquet is soft, has great feel. Other than that...nothing special. I will keep the racquet for now, but anyone that paid $600 for this racquet is an absolute moron. I have played many racquets and this racquet is not at all bad. It's solid, had good feel. But the balance and weight (for me) was not good. I actually played the TT radical for a few games last night and still liked it better. I had better pace and accuracy on both wings...but surprisingly the serve was a tad better w/PT. My Radical is strung with Gosen Sheep. But I am in the process of re-stringing the Radical with full M2 (my last pack). I think the extra spin I got from this string on my PT would do nicely on my Radical. I will say this, the PT did feel better with Lux M2 than the PSGD....I know its a poly, but it just felt better.

When I do get the Forten I will try it, but again something about the PT just does not agree with me.

Oh..almost forgot. The TT Radical is not at all like the PT 280. They feel different, swing different and are just not at all alike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
Thanks for the advice PT. I appreciate it. I actually had these same thought (more time and patience). I played it again this past Sunday. I am going to put a leather grip on it for starters. Once I re-string, I will remove the headguard. I like this grommet kit because it allows you to keep the grommet strips w/out the headguard (they are seperate..the headguard only has holes for the grommets to go through..i.Radical kit). I still think its a string issue. I am not impressed with the Lux M2. I tried Polylon in my TT and it just has more bite on the ball.

This version is "Made in Austria". This is stamped on the side. This is a heavy version? Which one is the lighter version?

Yes, I meant paying $600 to play this racquet is too much money, especially if the reason you are buying it is from other people's opinions. I payed $120. I know they go for much more. I would not pay any more than that.
I'm having trouble understanding you, you seem to play well with the TT and the mg prestige, the pt 630 doesnt seem to mesh well with your game, it seems like your making to much of an effort to like this racquet, you seem to not like the balance and you own racquets whos balance favor more your style, my advice to you is to stick with the racquet you feel most comfortable with, or else youre going to be losing a match with the pt630 and start thinking about switching to your favorite racquet in the middle of a set, that type of second guessing will cost you matches,

This racquet is not for everyone, like mentioned earlier some of us grew up with this racquet, I did so to me this is what a tennis racquet feels like, I really dont know any better, the pt is my weapon of choice, I get the impression yours is the TT radical, stick with your instincts my friend
ESP#1 is offline   Reply With Quote