Thread: Brad Baughman
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 02:54 PM   #17
SoCal10s
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDominates View Post
well from what i saw his serve is placed well but tht doesnt do it when u play real good 16 year olds. u need power and placement. the only reason i won yesterday was my serve was huge. high %, high mph, good placement. 16s and 18s is all about holding serve. and i really think as deit grows he'll get stronger and be able to bang it. i wouldnt worry about. just a thought i had. he;s incredible for 12.
SoCalDominates: well part of this is true but I think you need to go around the block a few more times.. when you start playing excellent returners,unless you can ace or get winners serves with no returns all the time, I can guarantee you,you won't win without a solid groundstroke game or dominate with a volley game .. great returners will eventually get used to your serves and if you don't have enough game to back it up,you cannot win... if you ever get a chance to play guys like Spinosa ,Nguyen, Mkrtchian, or Wang in singles,you'll know what I'm talking about.. you can have a good serving day but after a while they'll come back and get you if you cannot match up with them on the other parts of the game...
I've watched Clay Thompson serve great and still lose a match because of a few points turn around where he cannot stay with the rallies ,and Clay's serve is almost always on...