View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 05:41 AM   #25
origmarm
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Have you looked at the Challenger build options? They are fairly incredible. The one thing that gives me pause is the $5/gallon we had not too long ago. That would hurt. But.....6.1L 425 HP.....even the 5.7L has 372 HP.....

And the car looks pretty much exactly like the '72 in real life. I watched Vanishing Point back when it came out and coveted that car ever since. The new car is pretty much the same dimensions with a shorter overhang front and rear. You know, I always like the classic cars like the old MOPARs, but then again riding in them is a different story. Here, you have the best of both worlds....70's styling, classic MOPAR, and updated today performance.....

Come to think of it, I may have just talked myself into the 5.7L.....
I haven't really looked at it too closely I admit. If I did it would just hurt so I haven't yet. If I actually do get myself over to the US I'll be looking in some serious "which colour leather" type detail

The look of the car is what got me instantly too. Ronaldo above mentions the Camaro, it's sweet but it's "modernised" as a shape. The new Challenger almost looks like the old one reborn, it's faithful but somehow newer, faster, stronger. It's exactly like you say, it's the best of the old world and new.

I think I'm in love with it
origmarm is offline   Reply With Quote