View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 02:55 PM   #72
raiden031
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindysphinx View Post
Raiden, have you ever played 7.5 mens combo as a 4.0 guy? Don't you think your 3.5 partners bring something to the table, even though they are rated lower than you? Don't they have some elements of their game that are stronger than yours? If they do, is it impossible that a woman playing mixed with you also brings something to the table?

My point is that your female partners probably do bring something to the table. I think it is just a matter of looking for it and appreciating it for its differences.
I never played 7.5 league, but I played in a couple doubles blocks all winter with 3.5s. I have alot more experience with 3.5s than any other level.

Sure there are some 3.5 players that have elements of their game that are better than me. But when it comes down to it, the better the players, the more satisfied I am with the game. Its always going to be more fun with a 4.0 partner than a 3.5 partner, but its not like the 3.5 doesn't bring anything to the table. What they bring to the table will still be offset by some weakness as well. I enjoyed 8.0 mixed, but not really 7.0 or 6.0. So its not like mixed is no fun, its just not fun when the level of play you enjoy isn't there and then other teams can exploit the mismatch.

The reason I played 6.0 and 7.0 even though it wasn't all that fun was 1) to get more match play, 2) to experience a different flavor of the game, and 3) its more social.