View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 07:01 PM   #1
BTURNER
Hall Of Fame

Default Evert/Navratilova: THE BAGEL WAR.

Because I had nothing else to do with my pathetic day ( stomach cramps etc) I researched bagels. Here's the results

Evert got a one bagel in career H to H combat against 97 players ( 97 sets)
Martina got one bagel in career H to H combat against 96 players( 96 sets)

Evert got multiple bagels in career H to H combat (excluding double bagel matches) adding up to 124 sets (she got three vs Bassett, 5 vs King, 4 vs Walsh etc)
Martina got multiple bagels in career H to H combat (excluding double bagel matches) adding up to 115 sets ( she got 3 vs T. Austin, 5 vs Turnbull, 2 vs Goolagong etc)

Evert won 51 double bagel matches. This includes 3 three setters and five players who were beaten 6-0,6-0 TWICE in the H to H. multiplying this x 2 makes for 102 sets. Grand total = 325 total sets without loosing a game

Martina won 27 double bagel matches. This includes 3 three setters as well ( coincidence!) and the one person she beat this way in two matches. Poor girl named Redondo) .multiplying this x 2 makes for 54 sets. Grand total =265 total sets without loosing a game.

Someone, I don't remember who in a post claimed Evert was the bagel queen. In this rivalry he is right!
BTURNER is offline   Reply With Quote