View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 11:23 AM   #1
corno
New User

Default Upper Arm problems

Hi

I was hoping someone might be able to give me some advice. I've been playing tennis for 25 years (I'm 32) and in the last year stepped it up a bit, up to probably 6-8 hours a week. Absolutely no arm problems, ever. I used a Prince Triple Threat Rebel Midplus 95 (Grip L5) and normally Prince Topspin strings 15L strung to about 55lbs. (my back up racket was a head Tsi thing, similar strings, tension etc).

About 2 months ago I bought a Head Radical Microgel miplus. The shop built it up to a 4 3/8 grip for me. I used it for about 2 weeks with the factory strings and tension (probabaly nearer 60lbs) and my upper arm/shoulder started giving me trouble. I had it restrung to 55, hasn't helped much, and now down to 53lbs, and put 2 overgrips on it...and I still have arm issues although these could be a hangover from damage already done.

I don't remember pulling my arm/shoulder out or particularly injuring it in any one shot or match, so I can't help but think its the new racquet? Has anyone else had experiences like this when they change racquet and then slowly pick up an injury ? Or change Tensions and get problems? Or grip size? There is a chance of course that I did something awkward and now need to rest it for it to heal but I don't think its that.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. rest? Grip size? particular strings? Tensions? Dampeners? kan the racquet and go back to the Prince?!

Thanks
corno is offline   Reply With Quote