View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 05:34 AM   #24
dgdawg
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankenstein View Post
Yesterday i cleaned it even more and deeper with chemical clean gasoline (the same gasonline i bought on a color/paintingstore that i used to remove fat and dirt from my goalie hockey mask before painting it)

The cloth actually turned brown after cleaning it and the same , but lighter color occured when i cleaned the clamps. I tried to pull a poly string after that and it was tight like a rock. Will try to string a racket tonight again and see if it can be 100% consistent. It would feel good if I could use it without having to think about string slippage every 2 minutes during the stringing process,,,
That's weird. Maybe the parts weren't cleaned real well before assembly. I was thinking the plates weren't machined aggressive enough, but it sounds like there may have been debris/funk on the plates preventing proper grip. Hope it all works out, it looks like a pretty sweet machine