View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 09:41 AM   #54
mikeler
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Player View Post
OK..the dirt on the whole thing.

It will happen soon. Like this year. The Azalea people want Etennis and not Frank to run it because they believe that he will not fix the courts as mentioned by spinz. There are only 2 hard courts at azalea that are any good (out of 8 ), so you pretty much have to want to play clay or deal with some weird bounces.

John from Etennis has expressed that he would invest into fixing the courts and improving the facility.

There was a townhall meeting about it on wednesday where some of the guys went and spoke their peace. Frank won the bid, but IMO he will have to go above and beyond the call of duty or a lot of the people at Azalea may leave and go to OTC.

Frank told me about everything a few weeks ago and then last time I saw him he told me to keep it quiet. Etennis is going to bid on OTC too. Apparently there were 7 or 8 bidders on Azalea including MG Tennis. Frank mentioned he had lunch with Marcelo who runs MG earlier in the week. I'm guessing they might be discussing partnering up for the OTC bid. Frank running Winter Park could hurt him with winning the OTC bid.

My bottom line is this. Raise my membership fee if you have to. I don't want to play on clumpy clay courts or even worse courts with no clay at all. If I'm forced onto a hard court, I don't want to see a million cracks on it and on any court, you have to have nice bright lines.
mikeler is offline   Reply With Quote