View Single Post
Old 05-24-2004, 07:43 PM   #26
Chanchai
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Chanchai Send a message via AIM to Chanchai Send a message via MSN to Chanchai

in more ways than one (or even two?) here's a related article by ESPN's biggest fan:

http://www.sportsmediainc.com/tennis...;bannerregion=

An excerpt from the Tennis Fans' favorite guy in charge of tennis programming on american television:

"While people will speak up and send letters and make phone calls and kind of lobby for their individual athletes, and those athletes they're fans of, by and large, Americans want American tennis. By the way, that's the sad commentary on the state of the game. And its our job to nurture all story lines including the birth and success of many foreign players, but it's going to take a while. It's going to take time. At the end of the day we will not compromise our direction or story telling to focus on American players unless they are the story. We are going to stay with the story that's driving the tournament."

SOMEHOW, I DID NOT GET THAT IMPRESSION WHENEVER I AM WATCHING ESPN TENNIS.... (btw, I said it before, but Coria IS a story is he not? Moya too?)

-Chanchai
Chanchai is offline   Reply With Quote