View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 10:00 AM   #17
joeri888
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagor View Post
This is stupid generalizing,it would be same as me saying all Nadal fans are whining excuse machines who follow tennis only because Nadal(aren't true tennis fans),don't enjoy any other players and can't enjoy a tournament if Nadal isn't playing in it.Now some Nadal fans fit type but to say in general that they are that way would be stupid.Unless Nadal/Murray are playing against some of my favourite players I never rooted against them in my entire life.

French crowd simply doesn't like Nadal(for various reasons)regardless of Federer.Even if Fed wasn't in the draw they would root against Nadal and it's within their right,they paid the ticket and can root for whomever damn they please.
Let's be honest here. Though it has nothing to do with Nadal, or the type of people Federerfans are, every fan who wants all the best for Federer would have rooted for Soderling in that match. This was Federer's one chance, his moment of glory at the French. He made history, while another title for Rafa would have been like I said it, 'another title for Rafa'. They like Roger a lot, and I think Rafa can count on a lot more support next year
joeri888 is offline   Reply With Quote