View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 05:31 PM   #28064
JRstriker12
Hall Of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to JRstriker12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
Wow guys, thanks for all the feedback!

Question, yeah, I looked at what they already had, and figured it wouldn't be much to add it, and of course, I would pay for it. (there are roommates who dont' want it and wouldn't want to pay for it, of course)

JRK and JRS...let's talk about all this stuff you want to get rid of!

RE the cable box...the thing is, the cable is not set up under my name, I would *just* want the cable box without having any other account or anything like that set up. I sent an email to them regarding it, too.

RE DVD recorder...then I don't have to worry about running out of room and wouldn't have to pay for both a DVR cable box and then the DVR service, too. Though, a Tivo would work, too!

So, JRK and JRS, I'll send you emails in a bit, ok? The money situation isn't great at the moment (scraping and saving for the move) but should improve greatly next month! And I wanted to get a laptop *anyway*, too! Thus, the reason I'm moving. Still in NOVA though, so I won't have to hand in my TWMAC card.
Cool.

I have to do a little research, there's some sort of paper work I need to fill out with TIVO about transferring the service of the box to another person when I sell it.

Also - if you rent a COX DVR then you only pay the monthly fee for the box and you don't have to pay for programming info.

Only time you have to pay for programming info is if you buy a DVR that isn't from your cable company.

Another thing to think about with the DVR is alot of then come with two tuners, eltting you watch one channel while recording another or allowing you to record two shows simultaneously.

Also, I'd just ask the roomie/landlord to add the extra box to the service and promise to pay for it - you should need a separate account etc....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
Hmmmm, but I thought cable companies scrambled signals so something like this wasn't possible? If this really works, that would be perfect!
Wouldn't the problem for this be that you would have to run down stairs to change the channel or that you could only watch what ever channel was on the box in the other room????? I might be wrong - what do ya say Sup????