View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 08:30 AM   #222
abmk
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson vile View Post
I just find it strange that Roger had the worst begining to his tennis season ever
worst beginning to his tennis season lets see :

2008: no warmup tournament , 2009 : loses in semi at doha to murray

2008 : AO: semi : def in straights by novak, 2009 AO final: def in 5 by nadal

2008:loses first round in dubai to murray , 2009: does not play due to back-pain

2008:Indian wells:loses in semi to mardy fish, 2009 Indian wells : loses in semi to murray

2008: miami: loses in QF to roddick, 2009 miami: def the very same roddick and loses in semi to djokovic

Needless to say, unless you are blinded by your own delusions >> he had a better start to the season in 2009 than in 2008

Quote:
where he is glad that the 1st part of the hard court season is over and cries at the AO.
he had back-problems at that time - that was a part of the reason why he said he was glad the HC season was over

Quote:
And that is considered a better year, he played far less tennis, he got beat by a kid at he USO.If anything it is not better than 2008, he lost AO and Wim, but those especially Wim was extremely close matches.
umm. so the match against djokovic was close, whereas when he got beat by del potro in 5 sets it was getting beaten by a "kid".

What was novak in 2008 ? An experienced veteran ? huh ???

Quote:
The only reason he won the FO was because Nadal was not there in the final,
The reason he won is because he won 7 matches in a row including beating soderling who had beaten nadal

Quote:
and he struggled against Andy Roddick!
correct, a roddick who was playing the match of his life ,playing at his very best .. so ?

Quote:
Fact is that Roger lost more grandslam sets in 2009 than 2008, and Roger played much less in 2009 than 2008.
yeah, I already blew up many of your so called facts >> As I said, you need to brush up your elementary math

Last edited by abmk : 10-03-2009 at 08:33 AM.
abmk is offline   Reply With Quote