View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 03:13 PM   #10
Cup8489
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeler View Post
I have the opposite problem down in Florida at the moment. This October record heat wave with highs of 95 degrees is brutal. It was 80 degrees at 8 AM this morning and humid. Please send a cold front down here!
only if you throw us some heat!

i just played with my uncle this afternoon, 33 degrees here. we actually played very well, but spent most of the match slightly out of breath, b/c we didn't wait more than 10 seconds between points. i had 4 layers on, two longsleeve cotton shirts, a polyester underneath those, and a hooded cotton sweatshirt over all. wool long underwear with track pants over it. i used my older tennis shoes, where the tread wore down a bit, better grip than the very stiff new rubber. didn't need gloves, my hands stayed warm. kept a stocking cap on though.

it looked absurd, but movement was not a problem at all. people walking to the school for a swim meet indoors were looking at us like we were nuts lol.

but...i am afraid i don't think i'll be doing that again. the tennis club returned to its winter 8am-10pm weekday schedule, so there's ample time to play in heated indoor courts