View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 01:46 PM   #46
BreakPoint
Supernatural

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross K View Post
Right. Firstly... Oh man, are you going to start all that macho 'you fail... next' rubbish?! For someone who dishes it out so readily and with such obvious relish, you're suddenly coming across rather thin-skinned and taking yourself a little too seriously, don't you think? We're all ultimately only having a laugh and 'playing' here, aren't we?!

Secondly (and I really can't let this go), re the remark literally equating 'KKK' with 'BLX' - why would I literally mean to equate the 2 when they mean such different things?! Come on, it was clear that I was making a general point about Wilson's new line name being an embarrassment, or joke, or massive error, or whatever. I mean, just like I clearly wouldn't say seriously and literally that 'BLX' is precisely the same as saying 'CRUD'... 'AHOLE!'... 'SHT!'.. 'GAY'... 'TIT'... (OMG... LOL)... it was blatantly obvious I wasn't making a literal word comparison/paring/equating of 'KKK' and 'BLX'.

I have to say I find this 'tactic' not only disingenuous, but the absolute embodiment of the term: 'morally reprehensible'.

Shame on you.

R.
What's the big deal?

Yonex names its entire shoe line the "SHT" line: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/catpage-MSYONEX.html

The name hasn't hurt the sales of its shoe line one bit worldwide. I think only adolescent boys would be so wrapped up in an acronym for a product.

In any case, the bottom line is that the UK market for tennis racquets is miniscule as compared to the entire world as a whole so Wilson just didn't care enough to change the name for the rest of the world.