View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 06:07 AM   #54
jzn10nis
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFullCourtTenniSx View Post
Sometimes it's necessary, but avoid doing it 50/50. If anything I'd do it no more than 75/25. I prefer leaning more one way that I need in my game, and after that I add lead to whatever feels like would fix any final bugs. And doing both won't have a direct negative impact to your game, but it will limit what you can do with your racket. Generally efficiency is the goal here.

If you want more spin, there are 2 things you can do:
-move some of the throat weight to the head, and move the rest a little lower
-take off some weight

The higher and the heavier the counterbalance weight is, the less spin you get overall. This is why the counterbalance weight for polarized rackets is all the way down into the buttcap. Also, the more weight to the head, and higher up, the more spin you'll get. Lowering the weight will make getting the racket around and generating heavy spin much easier, but you get less power (which can be fixed with lower tensions anyway). So it really depends on what you need more - maneuverability or spin? Maneuverability will add some spin, but YOU will have to be the major contributor to produce it.

Also, at the net, maneuverability isn't a huge issue. All you need to do with a heavy depolarized racket is to keep the racket in front and block the ball into the open court (sometimes putting a bit of punch on slower balls). A depolarized racket is so stable and has so much power and control that you get a lot for a little at the net. It's like them hitting the ball at a wall. Your main concern should be on getting the racket head up and the strings on the ball with contact out in front.
In the case of kpt I don't think a polarized setup is the best option. When I polarized (no added weight at 3&9) the racket, it felt more unstable but you do get more spin which I really don't need because I can provide my own spin. With a depolarized setup, you get stability and a little power w/o sacrificing maneuverability even though you're adding more mass. So I was thinking 14g at 3&9 and 2g at buttcap. This gives me my preferred swingweight and balance and it's more stable than my previous setup. There's a minimal increase in power potential and plow index. It also brings the racket's weight to 12 oz which makes it more stable. What do u think?
jzn10nis is offline   Reply With Quote