View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 12:34 AM   #58
xFullCourtTenniSx
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzn10nis View Post
Why do u prefer the counterbalance to be farther up? Overall, it's still depolarized even if I add 2g at buttcap.
I like the power that comes with lead a bit farther up the handle. Lead in the buttcap is as minimal to adding power as possible, if it even does add any (it might actually reduce some playing characteristics). But with 2 grams, it makes very little difference either way. 2 grams you won't notice a big difference is swingweight even if you put it under the bumper guard. I've put 2.5 grams under the bumper guard on my rackets, and though I can notice the difference, it's not THAT huge. It's not like you're adding 10-20 grams.

Depends on the setup I want though. If I want more spin, the counterbalance is moved lower. If I want more power and stability, I move it farther up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcraig View Post
This is a wonderful thread and extremely informative. Moving the lead from 1.2" to 7" under the grip is a great idea--especailly if it adds more stability and less vibration on my left wrist on the 2hb! For some reason I can never get the TW Customization worksheet to work for me and it always says "unable to create request"--not sure what I am doing wrong as all the fields are filled in??

I am basically looking to add some more stability to this stick. I have been demoing a bunch of sticks lately and none really have blown me away so I figured I would continue to tinker with my current sticks and go from there-

After reading this thread and posts I have configured 2 of my prince tour diablo mp as follows.

Standard stock stats for the Prince Diablo MP from TW:
Length 27.25
Static: 11.3oz
Balance Point/HL 12.6 (7-8pts HL)
SW:316

(Each racquet has a Pro Supex overgrip (.2oz) and a Sampras O dampner at .1oz making it strung, OG, dampner static weight of 11.6oz per the digital postal scale I have)

#1: I added 8g to 10/2 (close to 9/3) and also 7g 7" from bottom of grip.
New static is 12.1oz
Balance 12.55in
SW???

#2: I added 3g to 12 and also have 5g at 3/9.
New static is 11.88oz
Balance 12.7in
SW??

I would love to know what the new SW measurements are on these setups--I promise I have tried numerous times to use the worksheet but can not seem to get it to ever work for me--any tips or assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your responses.
Check the units. Anytime people have problems, it's because they use the wrong units. Also, make sure you're following the directions correctly.

Based off my approximate guess of the distance of 10&2 for your racket, your final swingweight that I found using their calculator for racket #1 is 338.25.

And off my estimate of the distance to 3&9, the final swingweight of racket #2 is 338.15.

Pretty close there. Anyways, I'm too lazy to get my racket and measure the distance, but even so, it'll be a little difference from your racket anyways because of the head size and length difference.