View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 04:58 AM   #59
Kcraig
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFullCourtTenniSx View Post
I like the power that comes with lead a bit farther up the handle. Lead in the buttcap is as minimal to adding power as possible, if it even does add any (it might actually reduce some playing characteristics). But with 2 grams, it makes very little difference either way. 2 grams you won't notice a big difference is swingweight even if you put it under the bumper guard. I've put 2.5 grams under the bumper guard on my rackets, and though I can notice the difference, it's not THAT huge. It's not like you're adding 10-20 grams.

Depends on the setup I want though. If I want more spin, the counterbalance is moved lower. If I want more power and stability, I move it farther up.

Check the units. Anytime people have problems, it's because they use the wrong units. Also, make sure you're following the directions correctly.

Based off my approximate guess of the distance of 10&2 for your racket, your final swingweight that I found using their calculator for racket #1 is 338.25.

And off my estimate of the distance to 3&9, the final swingweight of racket #2 is 338.15.

Pretty close there. Anyways, I'm too lazy to get my racket and measure the distance, but even so, it'll be a little difference from your racket anyways because of the head size and length difference.
Thanks so much for the information. You have a ton of knowledge and I love your informative/detailed posts!! You def do deserve the name "DR LEAD" I want the SW closer to 330 so I removed 1g from 9.5/2.5 location (which is right at 22" on a 27.25" stick) and added the 1g to 7" location. So now it is roughly 6.7g at 22" and 8g at 7"--342.75g total static.

I Am playing later today and am interested to check out the setups. Thanks and I will keep playing with the customization worksheet some more

Last edited by Kcraig : 11-08-2009 at 05:02 AM.
Kcraig is offline   Reply With Quote