View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 09:54 PM   #28
nethawkwenatchee
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahnaturals View Post
Hey everyone, just my two cents: This book is an amazing read, and is primarily about relationships. If you want to get to know Agassi and have an inside look at the most important relationships that he formed over the years with fellow players, coaches, Gil (his trainer/surrogate father), and his love interests, this book is well worth a read.

I loved this from beginning to end. I wished it were twice as long - just didn't want to get to the last page, it was that delicious. Made me well up with tears on numerous occasions. Inspiring in every way.

This one will definitely stay in my library and be read many times over.

By the way, did anyone else get how much he seems to loathe Chang? And in the end, you discover how he really feels about Pete.

Beautifully written.

Ben
I pre-ordered it and read it too. I thought it was interesting to hear his words reserved for Becker, when he focusssed on revenge (for some media slang that Becker through at him) and went on a tournament killing streak in the process. He described how he used revenge as a motivator. He also articulates (well) alot of his match preparation as well as highs/lows he experienced on court during big matches.