View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 09:27 PM   #13
borg number one
Legend

Thank you Borgforever for a lot of those behind the scenes, inside information! I've heard the "contours" of what you describe, but I had no idea about the "alerts" as far as death threats. It ALL makes so much sense to me. Thinking about this over the years and having many details filled in over time have caused me to somewhat understand Borg's departure from the Game, though I'll never fully understand why they didn't work with him to ensure that he would not have to start qualifying for Majors if he wanted to reduce his schedule of official events.

This has been one of "life's big mysteries" for me, trying to grasp his sudden exit from the Game.

It's great to have you back and posting on this board. I look forward to the Borg-Nastase footage you described in the other thread. Thank you in advance.

By the way, there's a local Tennis Pro/Club Owner (from Sweden, former top 30 or so, somewhere in there). He knows Bjorn Borg quite well to this day, as well as several of the former Swedish stars of course. He does talk to B. Borg periodically, which for me is like him saying, yeah, I talk to Albert Einstein once in a while!!

Hitting against him (taking lessons) is always so illuminating. I love to hear tidbits from him about Borg especially and his experiences at times near the top of the Game! I can always tell that I'm hitting with someone REALLY GOOD and it always "makes my day" when I visit him. He's a great guy and has helped engineer the opening of a great tennis club here in Houston.

Last edited by borg number one : 01-16-2010 at 09:42 PM.
borg number one is offline   Reply With Quote