View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 08:28 AM   #16
borg number one
Legend

Great post Borgforever. That's very good information on the Nastase final. Yes, and to do that as a 20 year old, though he was a 2 time French Open Champion was stunning. Plus, not the loss of a set and he takes out Nastase, though Nastase was 30 by then (but still extremely good!). Borg mentions that coming into the Final, he had lost to Nastase a couple of times, so I guess the result was not a foregone conclusion. I'll wait patiently for your video. Thank you, yes, I understand being busy. Good luck to you.

By the way, it's Niclas Kroon who I take lessons from. He's a great guy, so funny and so good! Here is a link to his bio on the club's website:

http://www.mygtac.com/NiclasKroonBio

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicklas_Kroon

He reached the 4th round of the French, got to about #45 in the world, and once one a tour title by beating Woodforde in a hard court tournament in Brisbane. He's doing quite well now with his club and business interests. I think he really likes Houston and has settled here.

Anyway, if you or anyone is in Houston in the future, check out that club as it is awesome. We're lucky to have him in Houston, Texas. You may know Mr. Ville Jansson as well. He is also very nice and very good. The both of them really headed up the opening of a new Tennis Club here and did an excellent job. Ville mentioned to me once that he was ranked about #20 in Sweden at one time (among pros), Yet, he was already about top 200 in the World. Sweden was so deep in those years soon after Borg's departure. It's interesting that Peter Lundgren (Federer's old coach) was known to be the "next Borg" in some ways, due to his appearance and game, from my understanding. Sweden is my favorite "tennis country" and it all started with my admiration for one of Tennis' first truly international superstars, Bjorn Borg.

Last edited by borg number one : 01-20-2010 at 03:25 AM.
borg number one is online now   Reply With Quote